As nonprofits across the country continue to respond and adapt to COVID-19, Elevate's work supporting the grant programs of our nonprofit clients is more important than ever. We continue to meet (virtually!) with current clients and launch new partnerships. Learn more about joining our team.
Elevate, a grant writing and nonprofit development strategy firm in Washington, DC, is excited to be hiring a Grants Coordinator. This is a growth-oriented position, designed to ensure you have meaningful, challenging work and can grow as the firm does. To be considered for this position, you must have at least one full year of experience working with nonprofits.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person:
- You'll work with the leadership of different nonprofits of many sizes and issues areas in Washington, DC and throughout the country
- You'll provide invaluable administrative support and learn essential writing and consulting skills as part of dedicated team of grant professionals
- You’ll build expertise in nonprofit fundraising strategy
- You'll strengthen your understanding of nonprofit management and finances
This position will include a mix of administrative duties and grant writing responsibilities, including meeting preparation and follow-up, data entry, attachment preparation, drafting proposals, and prospecting.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Staying informed about client programs, grant programs, and funders
- Working in a collaborative nature with team members and clients to advance the long-term fundraising goals of nonprofit organizations
- Preparing for and conducting follow-up for weekly meetings with clients
- Managing our clients’ grant calendars and deadlines
- Entering all client information into our database
- Researching new funding opportunities and preparing strategic recommendations for the client
- Writing up to four grants per month
- Communicating continually with nonprofit leaders, program staff, and finance staff (either in person or by phone) to gather applicable program and organizational information to write proposals
- Reviewing client edits
- Collecting and/or creating grant attachments for submission
- Submitting requests to funders on behalf of clients
Ideal Candidates Will:
- Want to move into a career in institutional fundraising, with a specific focus on developing skills as a grant writer
- Have at least 1 year of nonprofit experience, though not necessarily in fundraising
- Commit at least a full-year to a fast-paced and learning-focused position featuring growth opportunities
- Have superb client service skills
- Be organized, incredibly detail oriented, and tech-savvy
- Excel at juggling multiple and competing priorities
- Be able to focus in an open-office environment and be comfortable with remote communications with multiple team members and clients
- Possess exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Have experience with Salesforce or other databases
- Get excited by new opportunities and be willing to take initiative to ensure a project succeeds
- Value good communication skills. Be willing to ask and respond to feedback as well as provide meaningful feedback to others
- Participate in Elevate’s ongoing growth and culture
Elevate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, family responsibilities, age, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability, personal appearance or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws. If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: We use BambooHR to communicate with our applicants throughout the hiring process. Please take a moment to add emails from @app.bamboohr.com as a safe sender before submitting your application. If you do not, emails may be directed to your spam folder, or may not reach you at all.